TAAB 40th Anniversary Special Editions Released
A fantastic new limited collection celebrating Tull’s classic progressive masterpiece, Thick as a Brick, is hitting stores in CD/DVD and vinyl editions!
There are new stereo mixes, 5.1 and DTS surround sound, rare photos, and more in the CD/DVD set. The vinyl collection includes the original album remixed as well as TAAB2 and a 72-page 12×12 book all held in a hard card slipcase.
Thick As A Brick (40th Anniversary Special Edition – CD/DVD)
The CD features a new mix of the album by Steven Wilson, while the DVD* contains 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital surround sound mix, high quality stereo 96/24 (new mix), the original 1972 stereo mix flat transferred to 96/24 PCM (directly from the Morgan Studios recording by Robin Black), plus a 1972 radio ad.
The original TAAB newspaper, an article by Classic Rock’s Dom Lawson, rare photos by Didi Zill and Robert Ellis, recording/touring mementos and much more are contained in a 104 page hardback book.
Thick As A Brick (Special Vinyl Edition)
Thick As A Brick (2012 Steven Wilson mix) and Thick As A Brick 2 combined in a double 180gm vinyl set with an accompanying 72 page book.
The book contains:
- The original TAAB 1 newspaper rebuilt for the 12 x 12 format on 16 pages of newspaper style paper.
- The 2012 TAAB 2 newspaper printed on gloss paper (originally pdf files on the DVD).
- An article by Classic Rock’s Dom Lawson about TAAB 1.
- An Ian Anderson interview conducted by The Reverend George Pitcher covering both albums, and the 2012 TAAB tour.
- Many rare 1972/73 photos from photographers Didi Zill and Robert Ellis covering ‘street’ and live situations as well as the 2012 tour.
- Photos by Martin Webb.
- Memories of the recording from engineer Robin Black.
- Recording and touring memories from Martin Barre, Ian Anderson and Jeffrey Hammond.
- A Q & A with tour manager Eric Brooks with tour memorabilia and the full 1972 itinerary.
- Italian and German lyric translations of the original album and German, Czech, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese lyric translations for TAAB 2.