Fan favourite Songs From The Wood was seen as the first in the band’s Folk Rock trilogy (Heavy Horses and Stormwatch followed).
This 1976 release highlights the band at its most playful and due to its lush production and more noticeable use of keyboards is perhaps one of the band’s most obviously Progressive Rock orientated releases.
This is the first Jethro Tull album to feature keyboardist David Palmer as an official band member. The song “Jack-in-the-Green” features Ian Anderson on all the instruments.
Digitally re-mastered edition with extra tracks and Ian Anderson sleeve notes.
All songs written and composed by Ian Anderson.
|1.||“Songs from the Wood”||4:52|
|3.||“Cup of Wonder”||4:30|
|5.||“Ring Out, Solstice Bells”||3:43|
|8.||“Pibroch (Cap in Hand)”||8:27|
|9.||“Fire at Midnight”||2:26|
- Ian Anderson / flute, acoustic guitar, mandolin, whistles, vocals, all instruments on track 2
- Martin Barre / electric guitar, lute
- Barriemore Barlow / drums, marimba, glockenspiel, bells, nacres, tabor
- John Glascock / bass, vocals
- John Evan / piano, organ, synthesizers
- David Palmer / piano, portative organ, synthesizers